Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Home Depot

We've been working hard to get my parents' house in Irvine back on the market for lease for the last 10 days. I've had all sorts of people doing everything under the sun in the house last week and the beginning of this week. My kids have been such troopers in helping with scrubbing tile grouts, sweeping, washing down cupboards, etc. and not complaining (too much) about having to be at the Irvine house (again!!!). Through it all, we've been making our (almost) daily trips to Home Depot for one thing or another (both my dad and Matthew's dad would be proud :)). So... today, after our visit, Abby said to me:

"Mommy, I think Home Depot has everything I need to live when I am a grown up."
"How's that?" I asked.
"Well, aside from food and stuff, it has wood, tools and nails to build a house, sink and toilets for the bathroom... I guess I would go to Tall Mouse too, so that I can get fabric to make my own clothes."

Wow... I think my daughter will be quite the Proverbs 31 woman when she grows up :)

No comments: