Sunday, August 31, 2008

Doe a Deer a Female Deer...

Smile, Isaac, smile :)




I love good music! I just do... and I'm thankful that my husband does as well (or maybe he just spoils me) :) We love Broadway shows, off-Broadway shows, beautiful Christmas concerts, Michael W. Smith concert... I just think it's a special treat when you can sit be WOW-ed by talent.

In a conscious effort to instill some culture and love for art and good music, I took the kids to The Sound of Music at the Curtain Call Theater in Tustin. I know that this is not the best of the best, but it IS a step in the right direction :)



We had a lovely time. Even Isaac, who informed me (on the drive there) that he did not care for the Sound of Music, had an enjoyable time. All three children used very polite and proper manners at dinner time (speaking quietly with happy attitudes, keeping the napkins on their laps AND using the proper utensils). They all ordered their own meals and desserts. I was so proud of them... they might not turn out to be savage beasts after all!?!

On the drive home, I asked them what their favorite part of the evening was. What do you think they said... THE DESSERT, of course :)

No comments: