Thursday, November 27, 2008

So much to be Thankful for...

Thanksgiving... what a great holiday that we celebrate in America!!! We do always have so much to be thankful for -- the abundant blessings of material things that God has granted in every aspect of our lives!


Preparing Thanksgiving dinner :)

This year, we had a huge surprise!!! Rebekah flew back from the DR to join us for the day!!! What a great treat to have the entire Holbrook clan under Mom and Dad's roof... all 13 grandkids, 5 children, 4 spouses, and Mom and Dad. Grandpa Norris, Grandma Betsy, along with my mom, Mei, and Annette's parents, Dan and Linda joined in the fun as well :)

Rebekah proofing Matthew's document :)





Baby Luke!



Baby Justin

Baby Rebekah - doesn't she look so big in comparison?!?

Boy cousins!!!

Rubbing Uncle Kevan's head :)









Abby learning all about Grandpa's new Caddie...

I am always thankful for family. I am thankful for my wonderful husband, Matthew and my 3 vivacious little ones, Isaac, Seth, and Abigail. I am especially grateful for the privilege of gathering at Mom and Dad's house for Thanksgiving this year! I am also thankful that my mom was able to join us this year. Grandpa and Grandma, thanks for joining us for a bit... with all the craziness and all :) Bekah, you crazy girl, thanks for flying back to surprise us!!! We were all so missing you just this morning... saying things like, "I hope Bekah doesn't blow up her oven this year!" and "I wonder if she'd already slaughtered her turkey..." Thank you, Lord Jesus, for reminding me to not take ANYTHING for granted all throughout this year! Thank you for your every blessing and for showing me so clearly my need for you!

Lastly, here are my babes wishing you a Happy Thanksgiving :)



2 comments:

Grammy Julee said...

Thank you so much for sharing the pictures of your very thankful Thanksgiving. I love seeing all the children, and especially the two new babies. Such a happy place for cousins to gather. It reminds me of when we all gathered at Grandma Katy and Grandpa Wally's house for the many holiday dinners and how much fun I had with the 14 cousins!

Anonymous said...

Wow, Alice...I can't even imagine how crazy Thanksgiving must have been with so many people!! I'm sure it was non-stop activity! I was so excited for Beckah to go and surprise you guys...what a very special Thanksgiving!

Also...that video is adorable and hilarious! Isaac took his clapping solo so seriously! They are so cute!

--Sara Hughes--