Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Mother of Five




Last week, I was a mom of 5.  We had Ezekiel and Rebekah Jane with us, allowing Bethany and Kevan to go play with Mom and Dad in DC! 





Despite the lack of sleep (Ezekiel would get up several times in the night to wander the halls or to "play with cousins"), the sicknesses (I think there were at least 2 children sick at the same time all week) and the craziness of juggling school and baseball (!!!) schedules... we had a BLAST!!!  I had great respect for my mother-in-law before, but now, I have respect to spare (how did you manage to not lose any of them at the baseball field with 3 boys playing in the same season?!?).  I also see God's wisdom in having babies start off less than 10 pounds each... it was challenge for me when both Ezekiel and Rebekah needed love at the same time (while we are running to deliver Isaac's forgotten recorder and book... and to go up and down flights of stairs to turn in registration packets!).  I'm sure it was quite a sight.  Bethany, you MUST BE one buff mama to be able to lug those kids of yours so effortlessly!!!


Hmmm... what kind of food is Playdough, Auntie Alice?






Happy Birthday, Mama!  I made you a heart :)


Now this is more like it... I love cheese bagels!

Baby might like the cheese one, but there is nothing better than chocolate chips!!!



Saturday morning, not feeling too great :(


At the baseball field to cheer on Isaac's 1st game of the season!  Go Angels!




Uncle Matthew's finally home!  Push me way up high!!! 


I was very proud of Isaac, Seth, and Abby, for all their help with the little ones and for their independence!  I'm thankful that we can have such sweet "cousin time" even as young children!  Thank you, Bethany and Kevan, for trusting me with your little loves.  They are truly a delightful addition to our family... even if we've ruined them for you :)

No comments: