Sunday, July 18, 2010

HUME!!!

My beautiful girls and our very cool shirts :)


For the 3rd consecutive summer, I have had the privilege of going up as a counselor with our High School girls to Hume Lake. This trip is always a step of faith for me... not just because I'm leaving my family for an entire week, but a stretch out of my "comfort zone". I've never been very good at all the "drama", "power struggles" and "hormonal" stuff even back when I was in High School. Now that I am an OLDER WOMAN, I still struggle with all those interpersonal relationship things... especially with high school girls. Because of all that, God always forces me to approach this trip with much fear and trepidation on my knees. So, I do recognize that my husband is RIGHT (again) in saying, "You want to go. It's good for you!"


Here are some snap shots of our week at camp:


Bye, Jolene :( I'll miss you, my "partner in crime".


My runners... I had to get up at the crack of dawn with them so that they can get their miles in.













Selah, my friend and co-counselor this year!





Landon, you look soooo coooool!





Even with some interesting issues with Selah's cabin with another church, we had a wonderful time! I love that new friendships were formed with other churches, acquaintances became friends, bonds were strengthened. We had some amazing God ordained share times. We got to celebrate Eden's 18th birthday. We embraced Mikayla into the family. We ate, slept (and listened to each other's mumblings in the night), played, studied, prayed, memorized, and cried together. It was perfect :).

Thank you, Lord, for allowing a place like Hume Lake to exist. For a long time I was "too Chinese" to recognize the value of a camp like this and a time away for kids like this. Thank you, God, for removing my blinders and allowing me to be excited about sending my kids to Hume in a few years.

No comments: