Monday, May 5, 2008

Boys' Night Out - Girls' Night Out

We had a double night out tonight :)

Matthew called me this morning and asked me if I would think he was crazy to think about taking the boys to the Dodger game tonight. My first reaction was:


"Tonight??? Don't you think it's too last minute? Are there still tickets? What time is the game? What time will they get home? This is a school night!"

But about about 5 seconds, I said:

"OK... I know that the boys will love it!!!"

After talking through the logistics of it all, we decided that Matthew will need to be home to pick up the boys by 5:15. So... I went to work right away. I packed them sweats and sweatshirts, their Dodger jerseys & hats, pajamas, dinner, snacks, and pillows & blanket.

When the boys got home from school, we did our usual stuff -- homework, snack, play outside -- they had no clue :) But... as soon as Matthew pulled in at 5:00 and told them that he was taking them somewhere, Isaac shouted, "We are going to the Dodger Game!!!" I don't know how he always knows... but he is always right :).

My 3 boys had a great time!!! They got to see a winning game - plus Blake DeWitt's 1st major league homer and his curtain call :). Matthew said that Seth was just as engaged and excited about the game as Isaac was. I'm glad that the boys share Daddy's passion for baseball. It warms my heart.

While the boys were gone, Abby and I went out to dinner. We went to Mimi's and had a completely girly meal :) We talked about how to be polite table manners, how ladies are to cross their legs at the ankle, the proper placement of silverware on the table, how to eat small bites and not to talk when there is food in your mouth... I had a delightful time with my daughter. She is so cute in wanting to know the proper way to do things and wanting to do it all correctly! I love it!!!

After dinner, we went shopping :) Well, we had to get some stuff for Cubbies and Princess Tea and other things, but we did do some "fun shopping" too! We found matching dresses to try on... it was so much fun. It tickled me to watch Abby being all giggly and girly as we tried on the dresses together in the dressing room :)

All in all, we had a great Double Night Out!!! I'm grateful that God has given us opportunities to love on our kids and that they enjoy their time with us! Maybe next time, we will have to do a Father-Daughter & Mother-Sons Night Out!

No comments: