Friday, May 9, 2008

Open House

Tonight, we got to go to Open House at school and see how hard our children have been working :). Wow... have they been busy these last few weeks!!!





We started in Abby's room. This is Abby's very 1st Open House and she was more than excited to show us all around her classroom and all the fun things that she has made! Mrs. Wyckhouse did a fantastic job at making sure that the kids knew where all their little critters and crafts were located throughout the room :) After looking through Abby's memory book, Matthew was all done being impressed when he saw this:




"Hey!!! I think my feelings should be hurt!?!"

Then came Seth's Kindergarten classroom... Seth told us that he is our tour guide to all the stations in his room. First, we had to work hard to find "Seth" in his seat. I found out that Matthew's job was "...cleanning cars with the High Schoolers" and that I "go shopping" all day long!!! Hmmm... I think car washers get paid REALLY WELL now-a-days, at least enough for the wife to go shopping all day :). My other favorite was in one of Seth's class books, What I Would Give Jesus. The kids were to finish the sentence, "I would give Jesus...". My deep and theologically sound son's answer was "my soul". As if that answer in itself wasn't enough to melt a mom's heart, it was especially funny in comparison to some of the other answers the kids came up with... a pillow, a sandwich, a chair, etc. :)




Reading "sight words" to Aunt Bekah




Finally, Isaac got to show off his work to all of us (by now, we are an official entourage - Bethany, Kevan, Ezekiel, Rebekah Jane, and Rebekah Michelle all joined us)! It was so much fun to see all the different projects and writing assignments that Isaac has done. I'm SURE Isaac is by far THE SMARTEST KID in his class - with the best penmanship, the best writing skills, the best math skills and the most artistic!!! Apparently, Isaac would like to meet Nehemiah when he gets to heaven, because he wants to know how Nehemiah managed to rebuild the wall so quickly!




Seth - taking good care of Bekah Jane

Whew... I have to tell you, Open House really is a sensory overload and is not for the faint of heart! There is always way more to see than the time allotted. We spent the entire 2 hours and 15 minutes at school and were not able to see all that the kids wanted us to see! I'm thankful that my children are having fun at school and that they have good solid Christian teachers that love them and love the Lord!


Huge load of things to take home!!!

No comments: