Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day!!!

What a great tradition that we have in America to set aside the 2nd Sunday of June to honor and celebrate the fathers in our lives! I cannot be more grateful that the Lord has given my children with the choicest of all fathers!!!




I love that Matthew gets to be the "fun" parent :) He would never hesitate to jump into the kids' game of Monopoly, basketball, wrestling, light saber fighting, etc. It bring me so much joy that the kids LOVE playing with their daddy -- even if it's watching a baseball game or basketball game together!



I love that Matthew allows his little girl to be his little princess! It's so cute to watch those two interact and talk their little secret codes ("Hey, give me a double!") and share their special cuddle times together. On Abby's Father's Day card that she made at school, she said that the thing that she likes best about her Dad is "... He loves me".



Most of all, I love that my husband takes his responsibility as a father with such serious intensity. I love that he preaches the Gospel to the kids and me each night as we study through the Bible (right now, we are in John). God has used him as such a living example to me of how to discipline with patience and love!


Thank you, Matthew, for being our servant leader! Thanking for living and loving the Lord so much that it spill over to me, Isaac, Seth and Abigail. Thank you for allowing God to shine brightly through your actions and life, so that our children won't have to look far to find the mentor that they would need to see how to present their bodies as a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is their spiritual service of worship. I pray that you feel loved and celebrated everyday, but especially today! We love you -- Happy Father's Day!!!


No comments: