Monday, September 29, 2008

From the Mouths of Babes

If you place all your confidence as a person in your appearence or possessions, I would highly recommend not having children (or even hanging out with children) :)

Just last week, I picked up a fun little bracelet with the different color variations of coral, brown, dark and light mossy greens, and accented with larger stones of ivory, pink, and greens. I was all excited and wore it the next day with a nice coordinating outfit. In walked my children...

Seth: "Mom! Your new bracelet looks so dirty!!!"
Abby chimes in: " Yeah... it looks like you just fished it out of the ocean... it's so ugly!"
Isaac: "Look at that big rock, it looks like it has moss or that slimy stuff we have in our front yard."
Abby: "Well, I like the pink one. I think they painted it so that it would look pretty. Oh, and that little tiny green one that is all clean and pretty..."

Hmmmph... you gotta love their honesty! I still like the bracelet, although I may not wear it around children :)

1 comment:

Anna said...

Yes, well what do kids know about fashion anyway. My kids rarely can put a matching outfit together, even if both pieces of the outfit are in the same drawer. :) Your kids just created a memory for you...you'll think of them every time you wear (or look at but decide NOT to wear) that bracelet!