Tuesday, September 2, 2008

SCHOOL



Today marks the beginning of the 2008 - 2009 school year! This year, Isaac is in 3rd Grade, Seth is in 1st, and little Abby, she is starting Kindergarten! Can you believe it?!?!?

Bye, Mom! I'm going to school now!





Abby came home with the poem by Wendy Silva:


Kindergarten Wonder

I wonder what you're doing right now
and if everyone is treating you kind.
I hope there is a special person,
a nice friend that you can find.

I wonder if the teach knows
just how special you are to me.
And if the brightness of your heart
is something she can see.

I wonder if you are thinking about me
and if you need a hug.
I already miss the sound of your voice
and how you give my leg a tug.

I wonder if you could possibly understand
how hard it is for me to let you grow.
On this day know that my heart breaks,
for this is the first step in letting my baby go.








I took Abby to McDonald's to celebrate her very first day of Kindergarten. She was so excited to tell me all about her day and about the book she worked on and her first little friend that she made. She told me that she almost cried a couple of times, but she didn't, because she was brave. She also told me how she was Bathroom Buddy even when she didn't have to go. She told me how she got to play with special white sand and that she made a picture of herself inside an apple. Oh Lord... please help Abigail to keep her bright spirit and her love to learn new things!

Buying her own little ice cream





When we picked up the boys, they were just as excited as Abby was :) It warms my heart that they want to share their day with me and tell me about the stories that they read and the different classroom rewards and rules and the different class schedules and their friends that they've reconnected with...

Good job paying attention, Seth!



Waiting to be picked up...


Lord Jesus, I love this and I love drinking in the excitement of my children's first day of school! I don't think this will ever get old :) Thank you for providing for our family so that I can be a "stay at home" mom (even if I am rarely at home!).

1 comment:

heather said...

Oh they are so sweet ! That is not nice to post poems that make me cry. Being a mom is the best job ever.