Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Girls' Weekend



Abby and I had a wonderful weekend together "at home"... just the girls! On Friday night, Abby got to pick out our dinner... fresh fruit, yogurt and yummy Hawaiian rolls! We had a lovely picnic dinner in our family room, enjoying each other's comany and watching Back to the Secrete Garden. After bathtime, we had a little craft time and made cute ponytail holders for school :)


On Saturday, Abby and I took the train from Fullerton to San Juan Capistrano for the day! We had a lovely time having tea and going to see the little petting zoo. We even made time to wander around and look at many of the shops and displays of the local artists! On the way home, Abby would tell you, we got on the wrong train! Only a tiny little "oops!" :) We did end up at the right place. We got on the Amtrak rather than the Metrolink... oh well, common mistake, right?!? On the way home, the conductor was announcing stops over the intercome, "Next stop, Santa Ana in 7 minutes..." Abby immediately looked at me and said, "Did she say Santa? Well... we don't believe in Santa and we don't celebrate Halloween!" I tried hard not to laugh. It's just too funny the things that are constantly coursing through these little ones' brains!!!




See our beautiful teapots and heart shaped scones?!?





Silly goats... don't eat me!!!









After we got home and got cleaned up, we had a light dinner, and both crawled into "Mommy's bed" (not sure why it's never Daddy's bed...) and cuddled and read before lights out! Note: Since all three of our children are BED HOGS (Really!!! I mean like taking up the whole CalKing bed by sleeping diagonally and spreading out like a giant star fish!), this was a very very special treat for Abigail :)

Sunday was the first time that Abby was out of the Preschool program at church. She sat through the service with me like a pro. We sat in the first row... because Abby wanted to make sure that she could see everything :). After church, we went to Costco and had our "snacking lunch". This little girl loves samples! She was spotting them left and right, making sure that this mama didn't miss anything :). I don't usually go to Costco on the weekends because I don't like fighting the crowd, but I have to say, this was one fun Costco run with my hungry (or greedy???) daughter!

Abby, thank you for such a fun weekend! I love spending girly time with you... even if I'm not very good at it sometimes. I pray that you will remember our times together and that God will bring us many many more occasions to build memories as Mother and Daughter. I love when you get that little look when you wrinkle up your little nose, point your finger back and forth between you and me, and say in a whisper "Girls, girls, girls, girls..." and get all excited and dance around that we are going to have "girl time" :). I pray that you will treasure these times with me as much as I treasure them in my heart! I love you, little Abster!

5 comments:

heather said...

Sooo fun! YOu and your little girlie are to cute. I still can't believe how big she is getting. Sounds like you had a great time. It is good for you to be girlie!

Bethany said...

What a GREAT weekend! You had so many fun ideas, Al, and I can tell you had the best time with your little girl. You are just beaming about the time you got to spend with her. I love your pictures and hearing about your special memories! Love you both, Bethany

himandhermuller said...

What an inspiration you both are. I can't wait for Bryce to turely appreciate all of those special moments. Looks like you both had a special time and made so many memories.

Love,
The Muller 3

Esther said...

What a fun weekend! I can't wait until I can do something like that with each of my girls! - Esther

TiaRivka said...

What joy on both of your faces! Such a special time, Al! I remember Mom taking us girls to tea when we were little. It makes you feel like a princess! Still one of my favorite doesn't-happen-very-often activities! I am so glad you guys got to have such a wonderful girly weekend! And I can't believe how much older Abby looks just since August! Kindergarten is really making her a little grown up! Love you!