Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Abraham Lincoln


Abby has been working hard at getting her room decluttered and clean out (including the closet and under the bed!!!) before school starts. While I was helping her purge her stuff and looking at some of her mountains of papers with "little writings" on them (it's HARD for me to purge... especially my kid's work.), here is what I found:

AbrHAm is on a Penee And a five Dolr Bille
ABrHAM Livd on a farm cold mawt Brnin
AbrHAm was onist And Loved to reed the Bible
AbrHAM Linclin Liket to rite
no

Judging from the writing, Abby was 5 when she wrote this. She was most likely preparing for an oral presentation (or "share") for her Kindergarten class :). I love that her school allows her ample opportunities to speak in front of the class (and sometimes the entire school!). I'm thankful that she saved this little paper... just for me to find today and to savor motherhood and to remember to treasure even this time that my daughter still needs me to help her clean her room :).

1 comment:

himandhermuller said...

That is a true memory box keeper!!!