Thursday, March 20, 2008

Count your blessings, name them one by one...

We had Grandpa Louie's graveside service today. What a God honoring service to hear the Word preached and to hear the memories and testimonies of the family. I am overwhelmed by God's goodness and grace in allowing me and my children to have the privilege of being a Holbrook.

I am so challenged and inspired to seek more diligently after Christ's heart, to desire to be more hospitable, to serve with greater passion, to be more intentional in my parenting, to dig deeper into the Word, and to be more fervent in my prayers. As I learn and reflect upon the lives of Grandpa Louie and Grandma Molly, I have gained greater insight into the shaping influences of Dad & Mom and Matthew (and all the relatives :)). I love that because of how Grandpa & Grandma lived their lives, their vision for kingdom work and their love for people overflowed and colored the thoughts and actions of my family!

I pray that God would use my life to impact those around me. May my words and actions match my parenting and that my children would catch the love and the vision for the Lord.

Thank you, our family at Grace Church, for your loving support, your kind words and cards, and your constant prayers over these last couple of weeks. You have truly been the lips, the hands, and the feet of Jesus to our family. We are humbled by the love that you have showered upon us and by your willingness to walk this road with us. THANK YOU!

2 comments:

melo said...

What a beautiful legacy your children's great grandparents had on your children. How wonderful that they had the chance for some memory making time with them.
I love reading your blogs Alice...it is such a blessing to me.
Melo

babyrndeb said...

Been thinking lots about you guys!