Monday, March 10, 2008

We'll miss you, Grandma Molly


Early Sunday morning, our beautiful-sweet-spunky Grandma Molly went home to heaven. I told Matthew that I imagined her dancing the Charleston on the streets of gold. I am sad that Grandpa Louie didn't have the opportunity to say goodbye -- for he is also fighting for his life, at the hospital, away from Grandma. 70 wonderful years of marriage and a beautiful legacy. I'm thankful that God chose for me to be married into this family. I'm thankful that my children are able to have some memories of their Great Grandparents. I'm thankful that when we visit, Abby always sang her favorite songs to Great Grandma and that Isaac and Seth would always recite their latest memory verses to her.


When we told the kids about Grandma going to heaven, Seth said, "She went on Sunday? Oh, that is a good day to go to heaven, cuz she could just worship God there!" I love how when the kids pray for Grandma and Grandpa, they pray, "... help Great Grandpa to feel better and thank you that Great Grandma got to go to heaven..." Thank you, Lord, for sharing Grandma and Grandpa with us for all these years!



We love you, Grandma! We are praying for you, Grandpa!

2 comments:

babyrndeb said...

I'll be thinking about you tomorrow during the services...I have to work so can't attend but know that you are in my thoughts.

Bethany said...

Sethy's perspective brings tears to my eyes. If you are ever wondering if you are doing a good job with your kids, Al, remember stories like that and be assured that you are raising amazing children! THANK YOU, my sweet sister, for being so involved in the lives of my grandparents, and for instilling in your children the values that they embodied. I love that they sang and recited scripture to grandma and grandpa - such precious gifts to them.