Tuesday, March 18, 2008

When we all get to heaven, what a day of rejoicing that will be!!!

We had beautiful "Home Going" celebration for Grandma Molly and Grandpa Louie on Saturday. How amazingly blessed we are to have been included in the lives of these two very special faithful servants of God.



Thank you, Grandpa & Grandma for leaving us such a beautiful 70-year-long love story and the legacy of your heart and service for the Lord. Thank you for showing us what "love" looks like and for always holding hands :) Thank you for all the stories and rhymes, Grandpa. Grandma, thank you for always having perfect nails and beautiful jewelry. Thank you for pouring your love, lives, and wisdom into the children that God had entrusted to you. Thank you for your tiredless prayers for each one of us -- for hurting with our hurts and for celebrating our accomplishments. Thank you for holding and loving on all your great grand kids... even when they are loud or squirmy!



I will always cherish in my heart my time with both of you, especially your time in Yorba Linda. Grandma, I will remember how your eyes tracked with Abby and the special smile that you gave her when she was singing all her little songs to you (with hand motions and all!), two days before you went to heaven. I know that must have taken a herculean effort, thank you!!! I loved that day when I came over to see you (maybe a year and a half ago?) and we sang and cried through all the old and favorite hymns together for what seemed like hours!!! I would love to do that with you again in our glorified voices :)

And Grandpa, thank you for being patient with Isaac and Seth in playing checkers! I know that they will have vivid memories of playing checkers (using the right rules) with their Great Grandpa! Do you remember what you said to me the first time Matthew brought me to meet you? As soon as you found out my name, you said, "... Oh! You are Alice from Dallas, living in a palace, drinking from a challis... and full of malice!" You are a BIG IMPRESSION maker, and I love it!!! Thank you for putting up with the strange Chinese girl that always comes waltzing into your house at Sunrise, calling you "Grandpa" and acting like she belonged... usually with a kid or more. I will really miss those "...hey kids, let's swing by and say hi to Great Grandpa & Great Grandma!" visits... but, I guess it only right that you should still be chasing the love of your life even after all these years :)

So, I guess this is "See you later, Grandpa & Grandma!" My heart hurts especially for Dad and rest of your kids, but it rejoices for your permanent residence in Heaven. I am thankful, that beyond the shadow of a doubt, that you are in heaven. I am grateful that He called you and that you answered. I thank God that He allowed you both to live lives with Christ as the center and as your personal Lord and Savior. We love you and will miss you deeply.

No comments: